HDMI 8K Female to Female Feedthrough Connectors
XLR-format and DualSLIM versions.
Front and rear mounting options.
From CLIFF™ Electronics.
CLIFF™ Electronics, leaders in the design, development and manufacture of connectors and test equipment, have increased their market leading feedthrough connector range with two new models providing HDMI 8K connectivity. Designed and manufactured in the UK, the new connectors support the HDMI 2.1 standard with a resolution of 7680 × 4320 and HDR.
HDMI 8K cables are widely used for transmitting video and audio signals from source to display for commercial AV, industrial and speciality uses - for example projectors, video conference systems, HDTV, monitors and more.
HDMI 8K is increasingly specified...
The HDMI 8K, female-to-female, feedthrough connectors are available with plain or countersunk fixing holes and in two formats:
- Industry-standard XLR-form-factor with a 24 mm mounting hole and black plastic frame for front or rear mounting.
- Compact, narrow format for high density connector panels, with a 19 × 35.5 mm frame and a 17.15 × 22.86 mm panel cut-out. Customers can specify front-mounting-only SLIM or front / rear-mounting DualSLIM variants. Frames are available in black plastic or rugged metal finished in black or natural nickel.
CLIFF™’s DualSLIM feedthrough connector range offers a more compact alternative to their very popular 26 mm wide, XLR form factor. At just 19 mm wide, up to 20 connectors can be mounted in a 1U × 19 ″ rack panel, rather than just 16 of the XLR-format. All feedthrough connectors from CLIFF™ can be ordered pre-assembled on rack panels to simplify and speed up system assembly. Other DualSLIM feedthrough versions available include widely used data connector types such as RJ45 (8P8C) and USB.
Nick Leppard in technical sales at CLIFF™ Electronics, says, “HDMI 8K is increasingly specified in infrastructure applications for broadcast and video transmission. The narrow form factor of CLIFF™’s DualSLIM range is widely used by audio, broadcast, data and communication systems manufacturers in the USA. It is becoming more popular in the UK and the rest of Europe for increasing panel density and for products being exported to North America.”.
Key features include:
- No soldering or punch termination.
- Use of standard connecting cable for each connector style.
- Low rear profile.
- ABS UL 94 HB insert.
- Gold-plated shell.
- Gold-plated contacts.
- Shielded HDMI 2.1, female to female.
- Voltage rating: 40 V AC.
- Current rating: 0.5 A maximum.
- Contact resistance: 10 mΩ maximum.
- Insulation resistance: 100 MΩ minimum.
- Dielectric withstand voltage: 500 V AC.
- Operating temperature range: −25 to +85 °C.
CLIFF™’s feedthrough connectors allow standard, off-the-shelf, connecting cables to be used for internal connectivity, simplifying and speeding up system assembly and facilitating easy repurposing of equipment.
CLIFF™’s wide range of DualSLIM and XLR-form-factor connectors allow designers to integrate audio, video, digital, optical, networking and data feeds into professional equipment for broadcast, (studio and mobile), lighting, audio, medical diagnostic and treatment equipment, PoE, infrastructure and industrial applications, instrumentation and control connectivity.
The most popular connectors in CLIFF™’s feedthrough range are RJ45, HDMI and USB. All widely used in data and audio-visual applications.